In a few days, the code in cvs HEAD will be in freeze and hop! KDE 3.4 will be out. Then we'll head to 4.0 with the new Qt and probably lots of changes. The KDE-Edu project has been doing nicely lately as we got several prizes in the last months. KStars and Kig were awarded 1st and 2nd prize in the educational Qt-forum contest and KTurtle also got 3rd in a Dutch educational contest. As we also have now a very strong artist community within KDE and as educational oriented Linux distributions like SkoleLinux or EduLinux begin to spread, I think the KDE-Edu project will mature a lot for KDE 4.x.
Kiten, the KDE Japanese learning tool found a new developer who fixed some bugs and is porting it to KConfig XT. It's amazing to see Open Source projects having a life of their own, there's always someone helping at the right moment. Thanks Paul for being part of KDE-Edu!
I will be away this week from Wednesday to Sunday for a 4 days international Karate session which happens in the Laurentides, a two hours drive from where I live. I hope the bit of flu I am having at the moment will go away as I guess I'll need all my concentration to make the most of it. We'll practice half bo, half karate. That will also be some holidays for me after all the family caring while the kids were on holiday!
I can't resist to paste a great line from IRC today:
"Annma - thats why KDE is a girl"
No comments:
Post a Comment