Friday, October 19, 2007

KDE-Edu meeting

I am organizing a KDE-Edu meeting so we can all meet in real for the first time and take decisions about KDE 4.1 and also debug current code. The meeting will happen 1st and 2nd December in Paris where Mandriva kindly accepted to host it in their office. I chose Paris as we have Jeremy coming from the USA and it's the most central location even from Europe. Most Edu developers have very low income so if you feel you want to donate a few Euros to fund this meeting, please do so and mention it's for the KDE-Edu meeting. Thanks in advance!
I'll tell more about this meeting when we get closer. Also if someone knows a good hotel in 2nd Arrondissement or close, please send me the details by email.

I'll be travelling to Boston for FOSSCamp next week-end. First time in the USA for me, despite living in Canada (kids and visa prevented me to cross the border, the French consulate did not issue recent enough passports). I'll meet a few KDE fellows up there and I am sure I'll have a very productive stay. Distributions are our frontend to users so it's very important to establish good relations and to exchange ideas and feedback. Ideally I'd like an Edu workgroup specialized in relations with distributions, another one specialized in small devices like the Classmate PC and another one working on large KDE installations and networking, kiosk,...

Please don't forget the KNewStuff 2 Polishing Day this week-end on #kde-polishing on freenode. Don't feel shy to join, everyone is needed, even non-developers. See my previous post for more details and links. Join the fun!

No comments: