I did not enter the calculator battle/contest/war as I seldom use a calculator (powerful brain!)
This blog entry is dedicated to all contributors who take time to improve an application. The most amazing example of a contribution I got is Romanized Hindi sounds for KLettres. Vikas actually recorded 39 + 242 sounds (alphabet + syllables)! Now, that's something! Besides, living in India, he is on dial-up and has an attachment limit so he had to split the sounds in order to send them to me. He mainly did it because he wants his mother to learn to read and write. Thanks a lot, Vikas, if you read this and I shall rewrite KLettres in order to include syllables with 4 letters (and also because the code sucks a lot!)
I did not work a lot lately, just changed a few 'if' to 'switch' (having realized that enums can be 'treated like' int, enums are not int type, i am well aware of that). Switch is more readable from my point of view and surely slithgly faster as with break; it does not evaluate all the conditions.
Albert (aka TSDGeos) is testing webpages for validity so I had a go for a few of my apps web pages on edu.kde.org and found some mis-tagging I did not spot earlier.
I spent the afternoon cleaning the garden but there are still leaves everywhere. Tomorrow is ThanksGiving in Canada. Who do we thank for giving what? (the kids explained that we are supposed to thank the first occupants of this land who we slaughtered afterwards but that part is skipped...)
No comments:
Post a Comment