Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Lonely Star Facing A Broken World

So I am in the process of rewriting some code (KLettres) and I was thinking about notation when someone triggered the discussion on the kde-devel mailing list about that! So, even if there are no standard for KDE per se, I'll adopt the m_notation as all the geeks-in-IT-or-CS-studies seem to favor it. I'm using KDevelop for this rewriting of KLettres as it's been a long time I did not use it. Not that I am an emacs person, fear not! I'm not your come-from-UNIX average developer so I like GUI tools and I never ever used emacs or vi (vi for cvs logs in konsole I can manage, it's limited to 'i' and 'ESC' 'CTRL-wq'). I prefer flashy icons and mouse than keyboard evil sequences. However for handling utf8 I was told emacs has no competitor and I believe that.
Ah, and I just started a flame on IRC about tabs vs spaces for indenting code ...
KDE 3.3.1 is out and I encourage all readers to upgrade as numerous bugs have been fixed. Well done to all the devels who fixed so many bugs, I'm proud of kdeedu as many apps have been fixed.
Tomorrow is my LUG meeting, I haven't been to one since a few months. We'll have a talk about blogs and RSS. And some doughnuts too...

No comments: