I feel pretty disappointed. I posted an email yesterday on the edu mailing-list about aKademy and what could be discussed here edu-related and nobody answered. Nobody!!! I would like to think that all edu developers are on holidays but the truth is that they don't care. They mostly don't have a community view of the KDE project and they just see their own little application. This is sad. I feel I care about KDE as a whole, I enjoy building all modules and report small things I feel should be improved here and there. I also feel that even if I am not physically at aKademy, I can participate via IRC. The doc team is eager to take time to work with me so we can share new ideas and review what's been done so far. The usability team also is ready to think about what could be done and improving guidelines.
It's hard to manage a module and I feel pretty alone in trying to foresee the kdeedu module future.
Besides, having emails from users about porting 'this great (closed) program' does not help. Ususally, users want a KDE-matlab or scilab clone...
On a personal note, we'll go with our son to the Rush concert in Montreal the 21st so I'm all Rush-oriented, music speaking. It'll be Joachim's first real rock show and as he is a drummer, he'll enjoy it. He likes Kiss, AC DC, Metallica so there's no generation gap! I look forward to it!
1 comment:
This is exactly why we need more female developers. Seriously.
Post a Comment