Thursday, August 05, 2004

fr as in French && Freeze

These last days, I was busy helping the kde fr team to try to do the maximum of translations. My first steps in KDE were in translation then I moved on learning programming and managing KDE-Edu. But close to the release I realised that I could help mainly by translating docs I have written in English which should be quite easy. It's easy but long. And living at -6 hours from France meant that my mailbox was full in the morning with stuff to commit that was urgent before the deadline...
I learnt about the po2xml script which is very nice (the reverse is probably xml2pot). I like the dedication of translators, it's very hard work, never finished, always to be completed.

I went canoeing on the Rivière Des Mille Iles with Léah (6) today. That was fun except I was the only one to row ;-). Joachim (13) has an ear infection so he is not himself. Blandine (16) is preparing a camping week-end with her boy-friend and Debs (17) is busy learning to play the guitar. The weather is not so nice, quite cold so using the swimming-pool is not in the agenda of anyone.
Wanted to post a picture of Léah but it must be online somewhere. Free webspace is rare...

'At times the dark's fading slowly But it never sustains
Would someone watch over me In my time of need'


No comments: