Monday, September 27, 2004

Escape

Great news for KDE-Edu, KTouch has a new maintainer and so have KEduca and KMessedWords. Even KVocTrain will be worked on by the KWordQuiz author, Peter. So, having closed some KTouch bugs recently and added some data that users sent to me, I felt somehow linked with KTouch and therefore I started porting it to KConfig XT. This reduces the code a great amount (I removed 10 files i.e 5 classes so far) so the code will be more lisible. This modest task is easy and rewarding as I can see immediately if it works or not. I was a bit surprised to see the Color type accept the color code as html code (#ffffff for example) while I would have prefered RBG code maybe. Another thing that bothers me is the ApplySettings() method where I am not sure wether to test or not what parameters have changed.
I'll have to update the xmlGUI after as QSignalMapper is still used...
And KmPlot has been made a KPart, great! Well done Fredrik :-)
The summer is still there and we had a sunny and warm week-end. Leaves begin to take all sort of amazing colors, it's so lovely that I cannot believe that in a month it'll be quite cold...
Ah, and I do agree with Taj that the Da Vinci Code is overrated. Did not make such an impression on me either (I read it when it was just out and not so hyped-up)...

No comments: