Sunday, September 19, 2004

Sing...

Had to battle with KConfig XT and am not sure about QButtonGroup management as I manage it with an enum but the output in konsole says each button remains unmanaged. I did not get the relation between each enum value and the radio buttons if any. And I also still struggle with the UpdateSettings() method as I find it clumsy to manually test what has been changed in config. Why couldn't a signal be emitted by the changed widget? I am not sure I understand it all. Plus I would like to change the state of some widgets (disable->enable) in this dialog if a language is changed. I am not sure you still follow me here so I'll leave it for now.
So the news of the week is that now Plastik is the default style! To be frank I have no special liking about all that and I never theme my desktop very much, except for the background picture (xearth at the moment), often a slide show of pictures. I never change the window decorations and don't like themes, especially I quite hate so-called-fancy-mouse pointers. I set a Tristania theme on Windows but it got on my nerves after an hour. I just put it to impress the kids so they don't think I'm too retarded. Anyway this side of the PC is now unreachable after a system file got corrupted so I just access the linux partition. Leah is whining though that she wants to play her games and she has a lot of them from Noddy to the Tweenies via Henry Des and Adibou.
Karate started really today (on tuesday we just discussed about what we'll do this year) and I did quite well, I'm not so out-of-shape. We learnt a new kata, funny how I have difficulties in coordinating arms and legs in new movements!!!

...for Absolution

No comments: