So this week is my fix-software week. After setting up Debs laptop (she was quite happy yesterday and did not phone today to complain!!! Kopete amazes her the most btw) I repaired my PC which Windows was damaged by a worm. I wanted to be sure that I could restore my lilo after the reinstall and got great help from the #mandrake channel. This all went quite well except one unknown device left in Windows (SM bus controller is the only indication I have, go figure!)
Software development happens in waves. In KDE-Edu we are in a up movement with KTouch and KEduca having new developers and getting improved. 3.3.1 will be tagged this week-end and some people really put great efforts in bugs fixing so this realease will be more polished. I'm helping on KTouch GUI and I am not sure how to deal with the config settings that are not in the GUI (the Level for example in KTouch) regarding KConfig XT. Also I don't know if it's good to keep a void saveProperties(KConfig *config) for such settings.
Uwe answered my comment that Linux has not reached schools yet by noting that in Namibia they have around 250 schools with Linux-based thin clients! Things are changing! It's not happening there though where administrations (and schools) spend several hundreds CAD per people per year on licenses. I could not go to any of the Free Sofware Week in Quebec events last week, I hope such event will open consciousness about freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment