Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Get A Grip

Fixing bugs is hard business. I looked in the JJ bugs as I thought that was Junior Jobs and I felt like getting younger. But those JJ bugs are amazingly hard. The one I picked was to port KMail to KConfig XT with a note from David about something I did not understand so I thought better to close that webpage (not the bug report). So that dismissed the JJ bugs. Next I went to look for new bugs submited the very day and found a KReversi one. KReversi code is simple enough for me to put my nose in but alas! one must know the intricacy of the game! For example, when you save a game, I found that you cannot save during the time the computer plays (busy cursor) so all loaded games give the human his/her turn to play, no? well in the code it was done differently. The bug was obvious to see and I put together a rough patch that I posted for Michael to test. But my head copy was not up to date! So I struggled a bit more with that and then, the bug reporter came with his own patch! In fact he had been fixing KReversi lately so I guess I picked the wrong bug. All that to say that bug fixing is quite difficult. I did some KTouch ones but KTouch code is so old it needs a rewrite (oldish config, even actions are not up-to-date). Fixing bugs is nice to learn new tricks though.
I remembered today why I dislike Mozilla and Co: because of those profiles. Mozilla does not want you to open a new instance with the same profile in some case, I don't understand what it's all about. Konqueror for only browser is my motto!
I showed that Konqi animation to Joachim and Léah, they loved it!
The Booker price shortlist is out, that's the sort of books I read. I just started Life Of Pi, 2002 winner.

No comments: