Tuesday, September 14, 2004

New School Year

Long time no blog! While the kids have started school again, inscriptions for new activities are on the way (drums lessons, ice-skating, karate...) and thus a new weekly schedule is to be put in place. Karate will start this evening for Debs and me and I fear the 75 minutes-lesson as I am not in top fitness (not as fit as Michael who passed the Navy Physical test, well done) and we'll be in the advanced group. More on that in the next days!
I managed to work on KHangMan following the usability report done by Celeste. This is great team work, each time I was not sure on how to implement this or that I posted a mail on the usability mailing list with a link to screenshots and we discussed about it. Some guidelines will be defined (rather will be re discovered as most already existed but were not applied) after that, especially for edu programs. Major improvement is to use KPassivePopup instead of KMessageBox in some situations, to inform the user without having him/her to interact. Minor improvements cover the Settings dialog, widgets position and so on.
Today I also learnt that KTurtle won a third prize in a Dutch Educational Contest. There was no first prize and 2nd got 16.5 while KTurtle got 16. Close thing! Well done to Cies for this great achievement and this will lift the spirits of the KDE-Edu team!
In Quebec next week will be a week for promoting Free Software and my LUG organizes another install fest on Saturday. I am not really involved due to lack of time but I wish it the best of luck to inform people as freedom allows users to improve software and to adapt it to their needs.

No comments: