In KDE-Edu we are rushing (soon KDE 3.3 Beta 1 will be out!!!) to get Kalzium back in shape. Its author, Carsten, rewrote the classes but then got stuck with his studies. So I try to give a hand, usually by testing and pointing to errors (I guess Carsten feels I am very bossy). I also update the doc and have to refresh my chemistry knowledge a bit. Matthias also helps so it's nice to feel the team spirit in action. Kalzium is a chemistry program and provides all sort of information about the Peridoc System of Elements.
KmPlot has a new developer who started to code at the speed of light! It's very nice to include new enthusiastic people and Fredrik certainly fits very well in KDE-Edu. He even gets the hang of cvs logs 'Change to my alias email address to avoid showing everyone my telephone number :-)'
SadEagle explained me the KDEDIR and KDEDIRS environment variables on IRC (yes, sometimes I do talk about KDE!). KDEDIR should not be set, KDEDIRS is prefered if you want to set it but is not necessary.
I did not code a lot due to the kids being on holiday. My son (13) had 2 teenagers friends and they borrowed my laptop to take short films of themselves with the webcam (they used the pre-installed OS that I kept for such use). So they circulated in the house strangely dressed up and making gargoyle-like noises... I fed them pasta and pizzas and begged to have my laptop back. It'll be more and more difficult to find time for KDE in July and August...
No comments:
Post a Comment