Monday, June 21, 2004

Unproductive Sunday

Foolishly I said I would implement KNewStuff in KDevelop. Foolishly because KDevelop is a lot of code and putting my nose in it is not so easy. Foolishly also because I don't get the KNewStuff stuff so well. I thought it would be a few minutes hack and looked like it yesterday. But today is Sunday and Sunday is more a family day than a you-can-spend -all-your-time-in-front-of-your-laptop-day so I attempted several times to spend a few minutes on this and miserably failed due to lack of concentration...

I also experimented some freezes within KDE sometimes when I enter an url in konqueror or a filename in 'save as' in Kate. This has been going on for 3 days and I reinstalled all my kde (cvs HEAD) but the problem is still there. Of course I don't have enough time to track the exact cause down, I am not even able to kill the frozen app so I have to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to get out... If other people also have that sort of problem, I beg them to tell me.

I enjoyed seeing my son playing the drums in a show from his music school, several bands played and there was 'Hotel California' to keep people my age happy ;). That was good and seing kids aged 13 or 14 with AC DC or Clash T-Shirts is quite funny, no? And they don't believe we also lived that...

No comments: