Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Mrs Writer

It's useful to read Planetkde.org. I enjoyed a great revue of Farenheit 9/11 and I got the results of the Canadian elections. Though living in Canada, I don't care as I have not the right to vote (not being a CITIZEN) but nevertheless I pay taxes...
Let's leave politics...
Back to KDE. End of freeze should see the stabilization of all apps. I note that the Quality Team seems more or less dead... I'm debugging Kalzium, too bad I don't have a chemistry course soon. I'm trying to get the kdeedu docs all up-to-date, developers really have to get kicked to write docs (except Cies for KTurtle, the doc is superb).

I'm still marvelling at the power of the internet and its impact on our every-day-life (in my house at least). The kids all go away when I start "before the Internet...". But I can print a map to get me to that cinema they want me to drive them, I can book their tickets, can chat with total strangers, can see my bro online with my webcam (though not on linux) and so on. That was a revolution for me and it's the tool that allows KDE to be. I just love it, can't live without it.

No comments: