The other day at the Linux meetup we talked about programming with a guy and he said "in OOP, if you use some 'if' or 'case' then your program is badly designed". This made me think that I indeed have to work hard to get all that, work on C++, on patterns, memory management... Another guy praised Umbrello and UML should be more widely used in designing new apps or rewriting them. I am waiting for a good 'Start With Umbrello' guide.
We need more docs and I quite like the idea of having a 'Quick Start with KFoo' doc for each KDE-app with a few screenshots and a few lines that would go straight to the point.
At that meeting, we were 3 people having the same laptop (Presario 2100) and a guy was running Debian on it. I enquired how he did it as I failed despite the help of great Debian people and the trick is to disable pcmcia. I don't use pcmcia so I could give it a retry. When I have time...
I was interested to read Chris post labelled 'I'm in love' but then it turned out that he is in love with MySQL. Geeks!!!!!
'The forest of October Sleeps silent when I depart The web of time Hides my last trace'
No comments:
Post a Comment