Thursday, July 08, 2004

Perfection Or Vanity

No, this does not refer to Qt4-preview1! Just a random track name... Second post of the day, that'll reinforce the common saying that women are chatty...

So I built KDE 3.3 beta1 with Konstruct and it failed in kdemultimedia. I think this has to do with something needed from another module maybe. As I also fiddled with Qt4, I did not go deeper into that and just issued a 'make -i install' to keep things running. I admit loudly that Konstruct is kool and you just have to set your KDEDIR if you don't want the default one and to set QTDIR if you already have Qt. After that you just let it make it all.

Hacking KLatin to get it having other languages. Got all confused by the GUI. Is it good design to allow the user to choose a file on the vocab page and as well in the config settings? What's the point having two different places to do the same thing? (the point is just at the moment that the settings are not refreshed from one place to another)

Finished 'Atonement' and stayed with it a bit longer. When I finish a book I liked I let it live longer by prolonging the characters life and reminding me passages from the book. Was tempted to stay with McEwan but could not find Amsterdam in the house.
So moved to 'On the Road' (Jack Kerouac) that I read translated in French (a long long time ago one might say) and I'll now enjoy it in its own language.

'I'm a falling stone in a world of glass I'm a ticking bomb with a smiling mask'

No comments: